Street Soccer Scotland’s Change Centre is seeking a new team member to help them engage and inspire people in the community, businesses, potential sponsors and other supporters. An exciting new role has become available as Change Centre aim to expand its impact across the city of Dundee and beyond.
The role of Social Enterprise Manager will seek to bring more awareness and engagement to the growing services within our multi-purpose community hub that sits in the heart of Dundee. The successful candidate will be responsible for promoting the Change Centre facilities across Dundee and generating income, which can be invested back into our core programmes. The Same Team ethos of Change Centre involves everyone playing their part in transforming lives, and the new role will spend time working with supporters to create opportunities which can align businesses, partners and other local organisations with the ongoing work within the community.
Reporting to the Change Centre Manager, the Social Enterprise Manager will be responsible for the rental income generated from the hire of their facilities as well as creating and delivering a calendar of events at Change Centre in Dundee. The role is aimed at engaging the community in their work, as well as raising funds, and will involve high-quality events featuring music acts and other spectator events within Change Centre. As part of the team in Dundee, the individual will establish these regular events as a fixture at Change Centre, creating an appetite for them in Dundee and the wider area, as well as providing employment and volunteering opportunities to their players.
The ideal candidate will have experience in community engagement, event management, and generating income through sponsorship and other means. An existing network in the Dundee and Aberdeen areas would be an advantage, although not essential. The position is a two-year fixed contract, with the potential to become permanent over time.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with a strong social mission and a commitment to transforming lives through community engagement and social programs. Interested candidates can find more information on the Change Centre website or through job search portals. The deadline for applications is May 26th, 2023, and interviews will be conducted in mid-June.
About Street Soccer:
Street Soccer Scotland (SSS) use football-inspired training and personal development to empower people who are affected by social exclusion to make positive changes in their lives.
Our Street Soccer FC sessions provide free football for young people (10-16) experiencing poverty and disadvantage / who are vulnerable or ‘at risk’. These sessions provide a safe and welcoming place for young people facing challenges including poverty and/or social isolation.
Our adult (16+) sessions provide free, weekly, 2-hour football drop-in sessions which create connection, reduce isolation, offer friendship, support, and provide a sense of belonging.
At our adult session’s players include individuals experiencing homelessness, mental health issues, addiction, poverty, long-term unemployment and our ‘international players’ adjusting to a new community in a new country.
- To promote and grow Social Enterprise activity at Change Centre including managing and co-ordinating the bookings of spaces and pitches within the centre.
- To support our programmes by growing the income realised through Change Centre
- To create and deliver a calendar of events hosted at Change Centre Dundee.
- Maintain existing and develop new relationships within the business community to support income generation.
- Engage supporters in community events and third-party fundraising opportunities,
- To initiate, develop and maintain relationships with donors, funders, and supporters of Street Soccer within the Dundee area and beyond.
- To work as a member of the wider Street Soccer Team to ensure a strong positive public image is maintained and optimum income is achieved from all elements of income generation.
- To contribute to the overall growth and transformation strategy of Street Soccer.
- To communicate the value of Street Soccer to the local community raising brand awareness.
- Meet income targets set for Change Centre Dundee.
- To support the delivery of fundraising initiatives in line with overall targets.
- To secure participation in and attendance at fundraising events, initiatives and appeals.
- To participate in progress reports and meetings to update the Change Centre Manager.
- To be responsible for all management and execution of the Change Centre’s events programme.
- To work with local partners and funders to generate and maximise income and PR opportunties.
- To operate within the policies, procedures and guidelines of the Street Soccer, reflecting both national legislation and industry best practice.
- To ensure all methods of recording are kept up to date and that data is entered in line with any procedures.
- To provide comprehensive status reports on relevant event funding contributions via event P&L’s.
- Attend networking events and meetings with potential donors and fundraising support groups.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of utilising the strength of an organisation brand for charity/business development
- Proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client, and donor relationships.
- Proven track record in securing income via fundraising/ sales that has directly resulted in increased income.
- CRM record keeping experience.
- Experience of working with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and time manage effectively.
- Previous experience of working within a fast paced environment is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Self-motivated, focused, and enthusiastic.
- Flexible approach to working patterns, willingness to undertake work during evenings and at weekends when required.
Assignment & Review of Work:
- The postholder is responsible to the Change Centre Manager for guidance and management, work review, objective setting, and formal appraisal of performance.
- Meets regularly with other team members/ attends staff meetings/ attends departmental development meetings.
- Plans and prioritises own workload daily.
- Written and verbal reports are presented on a regular basis.
Decisions & Judgements:
- Works as part of the Change Centre Team planning and prioritising their own workload to meet their own and department objectives.
- Is expected to know when to refer issues involving players, donors, or volunteers to another member of the team.
- Anticipate and manage areas where problems or conflict might arise and address them properly.
This job description is a general outline of the above post and it is not exhaustive. This job description is subject to periodic review with the postholder. Duties may change in line with the organisational changes and of the postholders own personal development.
This role is a 24 month contract, with a salary of £26,000-£30,000, dependent on experience. The closing date for applications is 26th May, 2023.
To apply with CV and Cover Letter, please click here.